We are a couple of gals who have decided to embark on a journey together of preparing for a 30 mile Limited Distance ride. The Pink Flamingo ride takes place on August 7 and 8th 2010... maybe this is the start of something new for us both!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Oreana Where?

The Owyhee Canyonlands 5-day ride is ongoing even as I write. Started Tuesday the 28th and ends Saturday night. Char and I had tentatively planned to go, riding our mares one or two days and Lyn's two on another. Life sometimes gets in the way of plans, however, and neither of us made it. I've had saddle fit problems since the Pink Flamingo, trailer safety issues, got two guys off to college, been out of town several times, and what else is there? These rides get spendy too: $85.00 per day is pretty steep for someone only working ten hours a week. I think Char agrees with me.

My priority right now is finding a saddle that fits my horse (and me). I've tried two or three already, with no luck and, frankly, am not feeling particularly enthusiastic about the prospect. There aren't too many used endurance or dressage saddles locally on Craig's List at the moment. Maybe I'll just get a bareback pad for the time being.

1 comment:

  1. Char, please contact me regarding your Pink Flamingo ride entry. thanks, Sally

    ReplyDelete