We are a couple of gals who have decided to embark on a journey together of preparing for a 30 mile Limited Distance ride. The Pink Flamingo ride takes place on August 7 and 8th 2010... maybe this is the start of something new for us both!

Monday, August 9, 2010

Exhaustion, redefined.

The last time I was this tired was eighteen years ago, after Max was born. And I'd almost succeeded in forgetting just how exhausted I was then! Oh man, do I ache all over--not just from the riding but also from the dearth of sleep I've had for four nights running. My head hurts from my run-in with Tilly the Tent Trailer; I keep bumping the pinch blister on my finger (from the same event) into a bleeding mess; and my middle toe is black and red from an accidental barefoot stubbing on the horse trailer while hastily trying to save all the 'stuff' I'd left outside from a nasty little rain storm in the dark on Friday night. I owe a special thanks to whoever invented Aleve. It's been my best buddy, along with Ibuprofen, for the past several days.

No comments:

Post a Comment