We are a couple of gals who have decided to embark on a journey together of preparing for a 30 mile Limited Distance ride. The Pink Flamingo ride takes place on August 7 and 8th 2010... maybe this is the start of something new for us both!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Second Big Day 8.08.10 Part 1

Ride camp

Day two dawned bright and early. I wasn't nearly as tired and sore as I thought I would be and I was hoping that Delight was feeling the same way. Lyn reported that Delight had laying down in the night - a good sign that she was able to relax.



Now that we were "experienced" endurance riders Sandra and I had some better ideas of how to ride this day. It seemed like everything from saddling up to knowing what to do during the vet hold, to planning how to pace the race seemed to go more smoothly.

 Bright eyes


Delight was ready to go! She was bright and full of energy - above is a picture of Lyn trying to get her to stand still.

Indeed, I really believe that I have found something that my horse truly loves. On this second ride Sandra and I decided to let our horses "out" a little more. Most of the time we rode at a long trot and a loose rein. Delight just put her head down and trotted right out without much encouragement at all. I really came to admire my horse's endurance, strength and courage.


The trails once again were full of indescribable beauty. It was a shame sometimes that we had to travel so quickly through sights that are meant to be savored! At each resting stop and water hole we gulped the Beauty in great drafts and were refreshed for our journey...

Char

No comments:

Post a Comment