We are a couple of gals who have decided to embark on a journey together of preparing for a 30 mile Limited Distance ride. The Pink Flamingo ride takes place on August 7 and 8th 2010... maybe this is the start of something new for us both!

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Almost 15 Miles

July 11, 2010

Today Sandra and I got to do another training ride together. It was our longest ride yet, somewhere between 14 and 15 miles. My cell phone died so the last part of our ride wasn't recorded on Endomondo. It took us about 4 hours. For our ride next month we will need to go twice that distance, at a faster speed.

The riders in the 30 mile ride last year who had the longest completion time took 7 hours. Take away one hour for the mandatory hold and it looks like the time limit must be 6 hours. So we will need to travel at about 5mph. Delight can gait at about 4 mph and her trot is about 6-7. Still, that seems so fast!

It feels like this journey is about going farther, faster and outside lots of little boxes in my thinking. I love learning these new things and I love stretching stretching my horsemanship skills.

I worry a little about Delight and I wish sometimes she was taller and younger. She is doing phenomenally - always willing, rarely complaining. Her pulse rates are telling me that she is coming into better condition already.

Char

No comments:

Post a Comment