We are a couple of gals who have decided to embark on a journey together of preparing for a 30 mile Limited Distance ride. The Pink Flamingo ride takes place on August 7 and 8th 2010... maybe this is the start of something new for us both!

Monday, July 5, 2010

The Pink Flamingo


 This is our first big goal: The Pink Flamingo. We want to do the 30 mile portion.

Wow! Today riding a horse 30 miles in one shot sounds like such a long distance!

The flyer says: "Ride both days-any horse-any distance and win a blanket/sheet for your horse."  The motto for distance riding is "to finish is to win", and I should be happy with a finish, but I am already greedily coveting a blanket for my Delight! Hopefully, I will be able to ride at least the trail ride, if not the 30 miler on the second day and win one!

Maybe it will be hot pink like this one?

The ride will be in beautiful Cascade Idaho, in the mountains where there are trees and green meadows. It's part of Sandra's family's old stomping grounds, she reports that it is a lovely place to be. I am hoping that her family and some of mine come along and camp out with us... ( heh heh, haven't mentioned to any of my family that they may need to be part of the "crew" - that there might be a little work involved for them... shhhh don't tell them!)

Today I rode an arena conditioning ride. I started with 15 min of trotting then alternated 4 minutes of cantering with 4 min of trotting for about 30 minutes or so. I think this is going to be a suitable routine for us. I can use it as easily on the trail as in the arena. Now I just need to find a watch with REALLY big numbers!

1 comment:

  1. OK, so I want a pink blanket like that too! Wouldn't our girls look stylish strutting their stuff in matching outfits? Heehee!

    ReplyDelete