We are a couple of gals who have decided to embark on a journey together of preparing for a 30 mile Limited Distance ride. The Pink Flamingo ride takes place on August 7 and 8th 2010... maybe this is the start of something new for us both!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A New Toy

So, I have a new toy. It is an application on my cell phone that was designed for joggers and bikers and outdoor sportsmen. It is called "Endomonto."

This morning I turned it on before I did chores and this is the readout that I got:


I have it set to automatically upload data to Facebook when I complete a ride. It also has a setting where I can allow people to watch me live. And they can send me text messages too, which are turned into audio by the program so that I can hear them as I travel along.

I have no idea if it will work when I train in an arena, but I am really excited about the data that I will get when I am working out on the trail.

It works off of GPS satellites rather than cell phone reception so even when we are in the hills it should record our progress.You can also use certain heart rate monitors and save that data. I have no idea if there is a horse heart monitor which would be compatible with this program.

I think maybe the best feature of Endomonto is - it is FREE!

Char

No comments:

Post a Comment