We are a couple of gals who have decided to embark on a journey together of preparing for a 30 mile Limited Distance ride. The Pink Flamingo ride takes place on August 7 and 8th 2010... maybe this is the start of something new for us both!

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Official Day One of Our LD Adventure

I set my mental alarm clock for six AM this morning. Wanted ample time to get myself and my horse to Emmett for our first training ride with Char. I was up bright and early, mostly because the mental alarm thing usually just prevents me from sleeping well. It didn't take long to shower, eat, pack up, and head out to the barn. Time flies when you're having fun, or even anticipating fun! Got the trailer hooked up. Now that's no easy feat considering where it's parked. Very very tight quarters and a 90* angle . No problem! Trailer loaded with gear, and time to collect the equine. Tia hasn't been in my little straight-load for over a year, so I wondered what she'd do. What she did was argue with me for about 20 minutes before going in, the little brat! And off to Emmett we went. I'll admit I was somewhat nervous, since I hadn't pulled the trailer in a while and because we had to go down FreezeOut Hill. BIIIIIGGGGG long downhill for me in my little old pickup and trailer. And, because I was already thinking about having to drive back UP and over! I think Ti was just nervous about being in that tiny space by herself for the drive. The long and short of it is that we made it in one piece, including a gas stop in Emmett before heading to our meeting spot. Whew! Phase one complete! Check.

No comments:

Post a Comment